Für unseren Kunden suchen wir einen VMware Systems Engineer (m/w/d), um 3rd-Level-Support-Services für VMware vSphere-Plattformen bereitzustellen.
- Erfüllungsort: Remote / D85
- Branche: IT
- Projektbeginn: asap
- Projektdauer: 5–6 Monate
- Verfügbarkeit: 100%
As a VMware systems engineer, you will be required to provide Systems administration and consultancy services to internal service users of the VMware vSphere environment supporting over 10,000 hosts and 18,000 guests (Windows & Linux).
• Minimum of four years systems administration of VMware ESX/vSphere
• Previous responsibilities in an enterprise data centre environment.
• ITIL V3 and strong change management skills required
• Sound knowledge of SAN infrastructure preferably IBM SVC
• Sound Knowledge of HPE Proliant server and management infrastructure especially in the area of C7000 enclosures and Virtual connect.
• PowerShell scripting knowledge would be beneficial.
• Ansible skills would be beneficial
• Solid documentation and communication skills
• Sound troubleshooting skills
• Strong debugging and problem analysis skills
• Good project management skills with the ability to manage small internal projects
• Ability to work with minor supervision, contributing as a team player
• Some project management experience (useful but not necessary)
• Presentation and Report / Documentation writing
• Provide 3rd level support services for VMware vSphere platforms
• Installation and maintenance of vSphere ESXi Hosts; provisioning of guests; and ongoing development and redesign of the infrastructure.
• Patching and upgrade of ESXi Hosts (6.5 to 6.7/7.0)
• Involvement in development projects within the VMware Environment.
• Capacity planning and performance tuning of Hosts & guests
• Participation in research and evaluation of new technologies.
• Recommend, document and develop changes to fix problems and improve processes.
• Investigate, debug and solve relevant Operating System or other Systems Software problems
• Assist the user population in resolving any technical issue they may raise
• Install relevant software products as required (vRealize suite)
• Recommend changes to enhance the stability and performance of the relevant areas
• Manage small internal projects